Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Destress and ride a horse

One of my top goals in 2014 was to take a horseback riding lesson but of course that didn't happen. Therefore the first thing I did when the year 2015 began, I signed us up for the formal lessons and I was glad I did.


 photo o10_zps06e042b2.jpg

We went to the Equestrian Center which I recently discovered online. They have the MOST beautiful, healthiest, happiest horses I have ever seen. I know I sound like a crazy horse lady at this point but I LOVE these animals. They are big, strong yet very gentle, smart, curious and playful. The more I get to know them, the more I love them. Seriously, I would pay just to pet them. It is my way to destress and smile. Sound crazy I know!!


The lesson actually was interesting and informative. We took the fundamental class which taught us from brushing/grooming the horse, cleaning horse hoof, putting on the saddle and tack and general safety information. (Luckily, we didn't have to scoop poops..Eeeek!) Each of us got the private one on one lesson which was really nice. I got to ride a beautiful female white Arabian horse named "Sundae" (in the pic above). She was so fluffy for a horse. I felt a lot more confident now after being on approximately 5 different horses on trail ride after trail ride. I finally learned to take control of the horse instead of letting the horse does whatever it wants. And did I say trotting was so much fun, bouncy but fun! I am really looking forward to the next lesson. I am hoping to finish the four 75 min lessons after completing with these first fundamental lessons. My daughter's love for horse has continued to grow because of this crazy mama as well. Heeha!!!!

 photo o5_zps6a31ba32.jpg  photo o7_zps7703d821.jpg  photo o6_zps35bd1894.jpg  photo o9_zps9dda8831.jpg  photo o8_zpsbf072889.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots! I never ride a horses but I think it gives a great sensation!
    www.bonjourchiara.com
    Bonjourchiara Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love horses as well. They are so majestic :) I remember the first horse I ever rode. His name was Mighty Mo and he was pretty mighty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of the horses! There's just something about them that makes me feel at ease. My most memorable experience with horses was riding on one named Strawberry, and she definitely led me instead of the other way around. We ended up in some bushes off the trail somewhere, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nelah, those horses are absolutely GORGEOUS girl! They have so much personality too! I'm so happy to hear you are taking lessons. Good for you! And bringing along your daughter. HAVE FUN!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nelah, I've not been here for a loooooong time and I've got lots to catch up on your blog. Firstly, on this post. I'm go glad that you finally got yourself to sign up for horse riding lessons. And I totally understand your craze for horse. You know, I don't have a great fondness for horses until I read Black Beauty. I suddenly grew a liking for horses so much and wished people would treat them right. It sure sound like the horses at Equestrian Center are treated well. You could tell from how they look in the photos.

    I will be spending the next few moments going through all the posts which I've missed out. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and new year and may 2015 be a shining and sparkly one for you!

    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeehaaw! =D What a great choice of hobby. I still remember my very first lesson on horse riding. Gosh...that was a long time ago and I was still in school. After my first lesson, my thighs hurt so badly! Did you experience that too? Although, I definitely had great time with horses and they're such gentle animal. Enjoy them Nelah.

    P.S. The horses are kind of curious over your camera. Look at their noses trying to squeeze through the rails. Nosy ones! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appteciate your comment, thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave me your thoughts.

I enjoy exploring new blogs and connect with new people, but no "Follow me & i will follow you" kind of comment, please.