Monday, June 2, 2014

Apple of My Eye

As the title suggests, apple is a star of the show. I have been craving for sweet stuff as of late and making my banana cookies very often. I would like something different yet light. I was thinking something like apple pie but it involved too much time and work. Then apple crumble came to mind, I just whipped this up with very few basic ingredients. My house was filled with awesome aroma as this crumble was in the oven. Imagine the sweet aroma of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Heaven on earth!  
For one serving, I used:
1: Organic Gala apple (cut into bite size pieces)
1/4 cup: Old Fashioned Oat
1 tbs :  Brown Sugar (just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth)

    Cinnamon (as much as you like)
1/2 tbs or less:  Butter

I also add some dried cranberries and walnut.
How to make it:

1) Lightly grease your small baking container
2) Lay apple pieces at the bottom
3) Mix oat / brown sugar / cinnamon / dried cranberries / walnut
4) Sprinkle over apple pieces
5) Cut up butter into small pieces and put on top
6) Bake at 375'F for 30 mins or longer
The end result was satisfying yet light and healthier.
 photo a1_zpsad37d8a7.jpg  photo a2_zpsf9c6ff8f.jpg  photo a3_zpsc1b39317.jpg  photo a4_zps7b9033ea.jpg  photo a5_zps54d972e0.jpg  photo a6_zps3f0f1189.jpg  photo a7_zps0f58ddef.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! Apple crumble is soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum! looks and sounds delicious! love that you added walnuts too! they make it more crunchier and yummier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good and now I know how to make it for myself!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy and it sounds so wholesome too.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete

I love and appteciate your comment, thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave me your thoughts.

I enjoy exploring new blogs and connect with new people, but no "Follow me & i will follow you" kind of comment, please.