Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cook: Homemade Donut Muffins

 photo d2_zpsc7e7c312.jpg
 
Donuts have bad reputation as unhealthy food choice but life is too short to worry about things like that and sometimes we all should indulge in moderation. Good news, this donut recipe is lighter in calorie/fat and no deep fried involved...yipeeeee!! They are so easy and quick to make. I made them this morning for breakfast and the whole process (baking included) required less than 30 mins. No step by step photos here as I was in a mad rush to get this done so we could eat. They are so yummy I will make them again, just be sure not to over mix because you will end up with tough texture.

Donut Muffins Recipe
{From Diane/www.allrecipes.com}
 
1/2 cup white sugar (I used a little less than 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup margarine, melted (I used unsalted butter)
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I used cinnamon)
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
 
1/4 cup margarine, melted (I used unsalted butter)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used cinnamon)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini-muffin cups (I don't have mini so I used regular muffin pan).
  2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
  4. While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted margarine in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted margarine, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool and serve.

 photo d1_zpsaad1a794.jpg  photo d3_zps90c97d66.jpg  photo d4_zpsf3456e93.jpg  photo d5_zps57a5992c.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Those look scrumptious Nelah! A donut that is healthier for me! I'm all for it! :D You're an excellent baker, cook and photographer! You really need your own tv show! I wish I had connections! :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about donuts and their bad reputation but I'm with you on all things in moderation. My favorite donuts are actually a baked gluten free version from a bakery called Baby Cakes in NYC and they taste delicious. These donut muffins look so yummy and it's great that they also not as bad for you :) Thanks for sharing Nelah!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete

I love and appteciate your comment, thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave me your thoughts.

I enjoy exploring new blogs and connect with new people, but no "Follow me & i will follow you" kind of comment, please.